Olympus Warranty Cover
Total customer satisfaction is top priority at Bailey and the quality ethos extends to the after sales service and manufacturer's warranty that comes with every new Bailey touring caravan. In this way we not only ensure long-term peace of mind but also enhance the resale value of your investment.
10 Year Bodyshell Integrity Guarantee
The Bailey Alu-Tech caravan is covered by a ten (10) year Bodyshell Integrity Guarantee, which comprises of a six (6) year standard warranty cover and a four (4) year chargeable extension to the standard warranty cover. This cover extends to any structural degradation to the bodyshell that arises as a result of water ingress through any permanently sealed seams or joints.
3 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
For a period of twenty-four (24) months from the initial date of purchase, Bailey offer a comprehensive warranty on all parts and components, as well as full coverage for any manufacturing faults forming part of the original specification of the caravan. The manufacturer's warranty then extends to an additional twelve (12) months on the following items:
Chassis: all chassis members including corner steadies.
Suspension: axle, suspension and braking system (excluding any damage to, or faults in brake drums and shoes that are caused through misuse of the braking system or from normal wear and tear).
Running Gear: road wheels (excluding tyres).
Towing Mechanism: all mechanical components fitted to caravans (excluding electrics).
Cooker: the oven unit including hob, burners, grill, oven and flame failure device and igniter.
Fridge: door seal, condenser, gas control valve, gas igniter, flame failure device, 12 and 230v heater elements, gas thermostat, 230v thermostat, 230v temperature control switch.
Water System: water heater (gas or electric), fresh water tank, water pump, water gauges, taps and shower head.
Auxiliary Electrics: mains hook-up input connector, ELCB, battery charger and distributor unit, interior lighting units (excluding bulbs and LEDs).
Cassette Toilet: the cassette toilet is covered (excluding seals, valves and glands).
Heating System: thermostat, motor, switches, control unit, gas heater, flame failure device, igniter (excluding ducting and fittings).
Windows: the functionality of the opening and closing system (stays, handles and catches) and a warranty against the cracking of the acrylic.
Upholstery: zips, seams and colour fastness.
An additional 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th year extension to the Bodyshell Integrity Guarantee is available at an additional cost. An additional 4th, 5th and 6th year extension to the Manufacturer's Warranty is also available. Please ask your Bailey retailer for more information.
In the unusual event of something going wrong your first contact should always be your supplying retailer. Approved Bailey Retailers enjoy industry-leading after sales support service from the manufacturer and they should be able to offer all the help you need to rectify any problems that may exist.
Terms and Conditions
The Bailey Warranty Cover set out above is offered subject to the following simple terms and conditions:
1. During the term of the Warranty Cover, subject to these terms and conditions, Bailey will, through an Authorised Service Centre, at its option repair or replace all parts and components of the caravan that are included in the Warranty Cover and which suffer a defect in manufacture or workmanship. An Authorised Service Centre means either Bailey itself, a Bailey Approved Retailer or a Bailey Approved Service Centre. Any part which is replaced becomes the property of Bailey. Any replacement parts are covered for the unexpired term of the Warranty Cover.
2. The initial duration of the Bodyshell Integrity Guarantee is six (6) years extendable to ten (10) years and the duration of the Manufacturer's Warranty is three (3) years extendable to six (6) years, in both cases starting from the original purchase date of the caravan. It is a condition of the warranty that an annual service is performed on the caravan in accordance with the service plan. Failure to comply with this term will invalidate the warranty.
3. The unexpired term of the Warranty Cover on your caravan may only be assigned, transferred or novated to subsequent owners with Bailey's consent (not to be unreasonably withheld) and on payment to Bailey of a transfer fee of £35. Transfer can only be made within the first three months (3) of subsequent ownership and full documentary evidence that the caravan has been serviced annually must be provided at the time of assignment in accordance with the terms and conditions detailed above.
4. The caravan must undergo a full annual service and inspection, including a moisture survey, carried out, subject to paragraph 5 below, by an Authorised Service Centre. The final annual service in the warranty period must be carried out before the end of that warranty period, but all other annual services may be carried out within six (6) weeks either side of each anniversary of the original purchase date. The original VAT invoices must be retained as proof that these annual inspections have been carried out.
5. During the first three (3) years of the Warranty Cover, all annual inspections and repairs must be carried out either by Bailey itself or an approved Bailey Service Centre or Agent. Thereafter, due to the technical nature of an Alu-Tech constructed caravan, annual inspections and repairs may be carried out by any workshop or repair centre approved by the National Caravan Council that has attended Alu-Tech training courses at the Bailey factory.
6. Where an annual inspection identifies that repairs to the caravan are necessary, the caravan must be made available for repair within six (6) weeks of the date of inspection for the purpose of carrying out the repair work.
7. No repairs, including the fitting of any replacement unit, may be undertaken or commenced under the terms of the Warranty Cover unless prior written authorisation is obtained from Bailey via an authorised Bailey Retailer or Service Centre. No liability will exist with regard to any warranty claims not authorised in this way.
8. Bailey reserve the right to examine the caravan before any repairs commence or any replacement part is fitted.
Registration & Use
9. The Warranty Registration Form must have been sent to Bailey within six (6) weeks of the original purchase date. It is the responsibility of the Bailey Retailer to forward this information to Bailey. This is part of the terms of trading that that the Bailey Retailer has with Bailey.
10. The caravan shall:
(a) only be used for its ordinary and intended purpose and shall not be subjected to any treatment or conditions which could reasonably be foreseen to cause or result in damage to the caravan or excessive wear and tear;
(b) only be towed by a private car or private 4x4 vehicle; and
(c) not be put out to hire, reward or any other commercial use, nor used in any race, competitions or rallies whether timed, official or otherwise.
Exclusions & Liability
11. Bailey's liability under this warranty shall be limited to supplying the reasonable costs of labour and materials required for the repair or replacement of faulty parts or components. Bailey shall be entitled to charge for any repair work which is necessitated by virtue of any loss or damage caused by your negligence or default or incurred as a result of any modifications you have made to the caravan. This warranty does not cover repair costs other than labour and materials.
12. The Warranty Cover does not include:
(a) repair or replacement of parts, components, seams or panels which are not part of the original construction of the caravan, or which have been tampered with or undergone unauthorised modifications, or which have been repaired otherwise than by an Authorised Service Centre;
(b) parts or components other than those specifically listed in the Bodyshell Integrity Guarantee and Manufacturer's Warranty descriptions set out above;
(c) general maintenance or components failing due to fair wear and tear or normal deterioration;
(d) repairs necessitated by lack of routine or regular maintenance. Particular attention is drawn to the Owner's Manual and Service Handbook supplied with the caravan and any maintenance instructions or notices published from time to time by Bailey relating to the proper care and maintenance of caravans; or
(e) structural degradation or other damage caused by water ingress through non-permanently sealed seams or joints (such as, without limitation, around windows, hatches, doors and rooflights), beyond the initial 24 months of the ManufacturerÕs Warranty.
13. No liability will be accepted for:
(a) damage caused by neglect or abuse, corrosion, intrusion of foreign or deleterious substances, lack of servicing, over-heating, freezing, or the continued use of the caravan after a fault has become evident;
(b) any loss or damage caused by parts not covered by this Warranty Cover, including soft furnishings or trim;
(c) any accidental or fire damage or any losses incurred by accident or fire; or
(d) transport costs to and from point of repair.
14. Bailey will only be liable for costs which are incurred as a direct consequence of the event, defect or fault leading to the claim being made under this warranty. No liability will be accepted for any other loss or damage (such as loss of income or revenue, or loss of business or profits), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation howsoever arising which was not reasonably foreseeable by both parties when the caravan was originally purchased. Bailey will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by third parties, nor for bodily injury not caused by our negligence.
15. Nothing in this warranty shall limit in any way our liability: for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
16. The purchaser has statutory rights in addition to this warranty and this warranty does not affect those statutory rights.
17. This warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.